•RIP-2. This format carries more information. Both RIP-2B and RIP-2M send the
routing data in RIP-2 format. RIP-2B uses subnet broadcasting. RIP-2M uses
8. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
If you changed the LAN IP address of the router, you are disconnected when this
change takes effect.
9. To reconnect, close your browser, relaunch it, and log in to the router.
Specify the IP addresses that the router
By default, the router acts as a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server. The
router assigns IP, DNS server, and default gateway addresses to all computers connected
to the LAN. The assigned default gateway address is the LAN address of the router.
These addresses must be part of the same IP address subnet as the router’s LAN IP
address. Using the default addressing scheme, define a range between 192.168.1.2
and 192.168.1.254, although you can save part of the range for devices with fixed
To specify the pool of IP addresses that the router assigns:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Setup > LAN Setup.
The LAN Setup page displays.
5. Make sure that the Use Router as DHCP Server check box is selected.
User Manual59Manage Network Settings
Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router