6. In the Route Name field, type a name for this static route (for identification purposes
7. To limit access to the LAN only, select the Private check box.
If the Private check box is selected, the static route is not reported in RIP.
8. To prevent the route from becoming active, clear the Active check box.
In some situations, you might want to set up a static route but keep it disabled until
a later time. By default, the Active check box is selected and a route becomes active
after you click the Apply button.
9. Enter the following settings:
•Destination IP Address. Enter the IP address for the final destination of the route.
•IP Subnet Mask. Enter the IP subnet mask for the final destination of the route.
If the destination is a single host, enter 255.255.255.255.
•Gateway IP Address. Enter the IP address of the gateway.
The IP address of the gateway must be on the same LAN segment as the router.
•Metric. Enter a number from 1 through 15.
This value represents the number of routers between your network and the
destination. Usually, a setting of 2 or 3 works, but if this is a direct connection,
set it to 1.
10. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved. The static route is added to the table on the Static Routes
Edit a static route
To edit a static route:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Static Routes.
User Manual80Manage Network Settings
Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router