benefits of WMM QoS, WMM must be enabled for both it and the client running that
application. Legacy applications that do not support WMM and applications that do
not require QoS are assigned to the best effort category, which receives a lower priority
than voice and video.
Note: We recommend that you do not disable the WMM settings. If you disable the
WMM settings for 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, the maximum link rate your router can reach is 54
To disable the WMM settings:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Setup > QoS Setup.
The QoS page displays.
5. Click the WMM tab.
6. Clear the Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings (2.4 GHz b/g/n) check box.
7. Clear the Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings (5 GHz a/n/ac) check box.
8. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Enable or Disable AX WiFi
AX WiFi improves your network's capacity, Internet upload and download speeds, and
WiFi range by allowing WiFi traffic from different devices to be concurrently managed.
To do this, AX WiFi uses Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple-Access (OFDMA),
4x4 multi-user MIMO, and intelligent scheduling.
AX WiFi is enabled by default.
User Manual94Optimize Performance
Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router