Additional information on HDMI
HDMI Control and synchronized operations
HDMI Control allows you to operate external devices via HDMI. If you connect a TV
that supports HDMI Control to the unit with an HDMI cable, you can control the unit
(such as power and volume) with TV remote control operations. You can also control
external devices (such as HDMI Control-compatible BD/DVD players) connected to
the unit with an HDMI cable.
Operations available from the TV’s remote control
• Volume control including mute
• Switching to input audio from the TV when the TV input is switched to its built-in
• Switching to input video/audio from the selected playback device
• Switching between audio output devices (the unit or TV speaker)
HDMI Control HDMI Control
The unit turns off
also turns off
Turn off the TV
Operations available from the unit’s remote control
• Starting playback on the playback device and turning on the TV with a scene
• Switching the TV input to display the “Setup” menu (when SETUP is pressed)
• Controlling the external device from which video is displayed on the TV (playback
and menu operations)
• Controlling the TV when you select TV audio input that is set in “TV Audio Input” in
the “Setup” menu
• Controlling the TV with the color (RED/GREEN/YELLOW/BLUE) keys of the remote
control when “TV Control” is set for the color keys
HDMI Control HDMI Control
Press SCENE (BD/DVD)
Playback starts Turns on and displays video
from the playback device
▪ HDMI Control m867t not work prop4rly.
▪ For 34t08ls on t74 s24n4 s4l42t8on, s44 t74 5ollow8n6:
– S4l42t8n6 0 r468st4r43 s24n4 p.
▪ For 34t08ls on TV 0u38o 8nput, s44 t74 5ollow8n6:
– S4tt8n6 t74 0u38o 902k us43 5or TV 0u38o 8nput p.
▪ For 34t08ls on t74 5un2t8ons 5or t74 RED/GREEN/YELLOW/BLUE k4ys, s44 t74 5ollow8n6:
– S4tt8n6 t74 un8t's 5un2t8ons 5or t74 RED/GREEN/YELLOW/BLUE k4ys o5 t74 r4mot4 2ontrol p.
To use HDMI Control, you need to perform the following HDMI Control link setup after
connecting the TV and playback devices.
For details on settings and operating your TV, refer to the instruction manual for the TV.
T78s s4tup 8s r4qu8r43 4v4ry t8m4 you 033 0 n4w HDMI Control-2omp0t81l4 34v824 to your syst4m.
1Turn on the unit, TV, and playback devices.
2Enable the HDMI Control function on the unit, TV and HDMI
Control-compatible playback devices (such as BD/DVD players).
In order to enable the HDMI Control function on the unit, set “HDMI
Control” in the “Setup” menu to “On”, and then configure the settings in
related items (“TV Audio Input”, “Standby Sync”, “ARC” and “SCENE”).
For details, see the following:
▪ S4tt8n6 t74 us4 o5 HDMI Control p.
3Turn off the main power of the TV and then turn off the unit and