5Preparing for connecting to a network
Preparing for connecting to a network
The unit supports wired and wireless connections. Select a connection method
according to your network environment.
If you are using a router that supports DHCP in the wired connection, you do not need
to configure any network settings for the unit.
You n443 to 2on586ur4 t74 n4twork s4tt8n6s 85 your rout4r 3o4s not support DHCP or 85 you w0nt to 2on586ur4
t74 n4twork p0r0m4t4rs m0nu0lly. For 34t08ls, s44 t74 5ollow8n6:
▪ S4tt8n6 t74 n4twork p0r0m4t4rs m0nu0lly p.
To connect the unit to a wireless network, select one of the following methods to
configure the wireless network settings.
lMethod using the MusicCast setting
When adding the unit to the MusicCast network, you can also configure the unit’s
wireless network settings at once. If you use MusicCast CONTROLLER, we
recommend the wireless connection to MusicCast network. For details, see the
– “Adding the unit to the MusicCast network” (p.37)
For details, see the following:
– “Selecting a wireless network connection method” (p.134)
Connecting a network cable (wired connection)
Connect the unit to your router with a commercially-available STP network cable
(CAT-5 or higher straight cable).
You can enjoy Internet radio or music files stored on media servers, such as PCs and
Network Attached Storage (NAS), on the unit.
Network Attached Storage
The unit (rear)
▪ I5 you 0r4 us8n6 0 rout4r t70t supports DHCP, you 3o not n443 to 2on586ur4 0ny n4twork s4tt8n6s 5or t74
un8t, 0s t74 n4twork p0r0m4t4rs su27 0s t74 IP 033r4ss w8ll 14 0ss86n43 0utom0t820lly to 8t. You only
n443 to 2on586ur4 t74 n4twork s4tt8n6s 85 your rout4r 3o4s not support DHCP or 85 you w0nt to 2on586ur4 t74
n4twork p0r0m4t4rs m0nu0lly. For 34t08ls, s44 t74 5ollow8n6:
– S4tt8n6 t74 n4twork p0r0m4t4rs m0nu0lly p.
▪ You 20n 2742k w74t74r t74 n4twork p0r0m4t4rs su27 0s IP 033r4ss 0r4 prop4rly 0ss86n43 to t74 un8t.
For 34t08ls, s44 t74 5ollow8n6:
– C742k8n6 t74 n4twork 8n5orm0t8on o5 t74 un8t p.