Optimizing the speaker settings automatically
The Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO) function detects speaker
connections, measures the distances from them to your listening position(s), and then
automatically optimizes the speaker settings, such as volume balance and acoustic
parameters, to suit your room.
▪ Us4 YPAO 05t4r 2onn42t8n6 0 TV 0n3 sp40k4rs to t74 un8t.
▪ Con586ur4 t74 2orr4spon38n6 sp40k4r s4tt8n6s m0nu0lly 145or4 p4r5orm8n6 YPAO. For 34t08ls on t74
s4tt8n6s, s44 t74 5ollow8n6:
– Ass86n8n6 sp40k4r 2on586ur0t8on p.
▪ Dur8n6 t74 m40sur8n6 pro24ss, t4st ton4s 0r4 output 0t 7867 volum4, 0n3 you 20nnot 039ust t74 volum4.
▪ Dur8n6 t74 m40sur8n6 pro24ss, k44p t74 room 0s qu84t 0s poss81l4 0n3 3o not st0n3 14tw44n t74
sp40k4rs 0n3 t74 YPAO m82rop7on4 5or 022ur0t4 m40sur4m4nt.
▪ Do not 2onn42t 7403p7on4s.
1Press z (receiver power) to turn on the unit.
2Turn on the TV and switch the TV input to display video from the
unit (HDMI OUT jack).
3Turn on the subwoofer and set the volume to half. If the crossover
frequency is adjustable, set it to maximum.
VOLUME HIGH CUT
MIN MAXMIN MAX
4Place the YPAO microphone at your listening position and
connect it to the YPAO MIC jack on the front panel.
Place the YPAO microphone at your listening position (same height as
your ears). We recommend the use of a tripod as a microphone stand.
You can use the tripod screws to stabilize the microphone.
The unit (front)
The following screen appears on the TV.
1Setting of “Power Amp Assign” in the “Setup” menu