YDP-S34 Owner’s Manual
To avoid the possibility of malfunction/ damage to the product,
damage to data, or damage to other property, follow the notices
• Do not use the instrument in the vicinity of a TV, radio,
stereo equipment, mobile phone, or other electric devices.
Otherwise, the instrument, TV, or radio may generate noise.
When you use the instrument along with an application on
your smart device such as iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, we
recommend that you set “Airplane Mode” to “ON” on that
device in order to avoid noise caused by communication.
• Do not expose the instrument to excessive dust or
vibrations, or extreme cold or heat (such as in direct
sunlight, near a heater, or in a car during the day) to prevent
the possibility of panel disfiguration, damage to the internal
components or unstable operation. (Verified operating
temperature range: 5° – 40°C, or 41° – 104°F.)
• Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on the
instrument, since this might discolor the panel or keyboard.
• When cleaning the instrument, use a soft and dry/slightly
damp cloth. Do not use paint thinners, solvents, alcohol,
cleaning fluids, or chemical-impregnated wiping cloths.
• During extreme changes in temperature or humidity,
condensation may occur and water may collect on the
surface of the instrument. If water is left, the wooden parts
may absorb the water and be damaged. Make sure to wipe
any water off immediately with a soft cloth.
• Some of the data of this instrument (page 29) are retained
when the power is turned off. However, the saved data may
be lost due to some failure, an operation mistake, etc. Save
your important data onto an external device such as a
computer (page 29).
• Copying of the commercially available musical data
including but not limited to MIDI data and/or audio data is
strictly prohibited except for your personal use.
• This product incorporates and bundles contents in which
Yamaha owns copyrights or with respect to which Yamaha
has license to use others’ copyrights. Due to copyright laws
and other relevant laws, you are NOT allowed to distribute
media in which these contents are saved or recorded and
remain virtually the same or very similar to those in the
* The contents described above include a computer
program, Accompaniment Style data, MIDI data, WAVE
data, voice recording data, a score, score data, etc.
* You are allowed to distribute medium in which your
performance or music production using these contents is
recorded, and the permission of Yamaha Corporation is
not required in such cases.
About functions/data bundled with the
• Some of the preset songs have been edited for length or
arrangement, and may not be exactly the same as the
About this manual
• The illustrations as shown in this manual are for
instructional purposes only, and may appear somewhat
different from those on your instrument.
• The letters at the end of the model name (“B” or “WH,” for
example) are coded information about the finish of the
instrument. For example, “B” indicates “black walnut,” and
“WH” indicates “white.” Since they simply indicate the
finish, these letters are omitted in this manual.
• iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc.,
registered in the U.S. and other countries.
• The company names and product names in this manual are
the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective
• Unlike an acoustic piano, this instrument does not need to
be tuned by an expert (although the pitch can be user-
adjusted to match other instruments). This is because the
pitch of digital instruments is always maintained perfectly.