NETGEAR RangeMax™ NEXT Wireless Router WNR834B User Manual
v2.1, July 2007
a. The power light is solidly on.
b. The Internet light is lit.
c. A numbered LAN port light is lit for any local port that is connected to a computer. This
indicates that a link has been established to the connected device.
If any of the above conditions does not occur, see the appropriate following section.
The power light is not on or is blinking.
If the Power and other lights are off when your router is turned on:
• Make sure that the power cord is properly connected to your router and that the power adapter
is properly connected to a functioning power outlet.
• Check that you are using the 12V DC 1A power adapter that NETGEAR supplied for this
• If the Power light alternately blinks green and amber every second, the router software is
corrupted. This can happen if a firmware upgrade is interrupted, or if the router detects a
problem with the firmware. For recovery instructions, contact technical support at
If the error persists, you have a hardware problem and should contact technical support at
The lights never turn off,
When the router is turned on, the lights turns on for about 10 seconds and then turn off. If all the
lights stay on, there is a fault within the router.
If all lights are still on one minute after power up:
• Cycle the power to see if the router recovers.
• Clear the router’s configuration to factory defaults as explained in “Problems with Date and
Time” on page 7-8.
If the error persists, you might have a hardware problem and should contact technical support at
The LAN or WAN port lights are not lit.
If either the LAN port lights or Internet light do not light when the Ethernet connection is made,
check the following: