NETGEAR RangeMax™ NEXT Wireless Router WNR834B User Manual
v2.1, July 2007
8. In the main menu of the WNR834B router, under the heading Advanced, click
9. Make sure the checkboxes are selected for Enable Wireless Router Radio and Enable SSID
10. Click Setup Access List.
11. Make sure that the checkbox is not selected for Turn Access Control On.
12. Configure and test your wireless computer for wireless connectivity.
Program the wireless adapter of your computer to have the same SSID and channel that you
configured in the router, and disable encryption. Check that your computer has a wireless link
and is able to obtain an IP address by DHCP from the router.
Once your computer has basic wireless connectivity to the router, you can configure the advanced
wireless security functions of the computer and router.
Restoring the Default Configuration and Password
This section explains how to restore the factory default configuration settings, changing the
router’s administration password back to password. You can erase the current configuration and
restore factory defaults in two ways:
• Use the Erase function of the router (see “Erasing the Configuration” on page 6-7).