NETGEAR RangeMax™ NEXT Wireless Router WNR834B User Manual
3-8 Restricting Access From Your Network
v2.1, July 2007
2. Turn email notification on by selecting the Turn E-mail Notification On radio box to receive
email logs and alerts from the router.
a. Enter the name of your ISP’s outgoing (SMTP) mail server (such as mail.myISP.com) in
the Enter Outgoing Mail Server field. You may be able to find this information in the
configuration menu of your email program. If you leave this box blank, log and alert
messages will not be sent via email.
b. Enter the email address to which logs and alerts are sent in the Send To This E-mail
Address field. This email address will also be used as the From address. If you leave this
box blank, log and alert messages will not be sent via email.
3. You can specify that logs are automatically sent by email with these options:
• Send alert immediately. Select this checkbox for immediate notification of attempted
access to a blocked site or service.
• Send logs according to this schedule. Specifies how often to send the logs: Hourly, Daily,
Weekly, or When Full.
– Day for sending log. Specifies which day of the week to send the log. Relevant when
the log is sent weekly or daily.
– Time for sending log. Specifies the time of day to send the log. Relevant when the log
is sent daily or weekly.