NETGEAR RangeMax™ NEXT Wireless Router WNR834B User Manual
Fine-Tuning Your Network 5-7
v2.1, July 2007
1. From the main menu of the browser interface, under Advanced, click on Port Forwarding /Port
Triggering to view the port forwarding menu.
2. From the Service Name box, select the service or game that you will host on your network.
If the service does not appear in the list, see the following section, “Adding a Custom
3. In the corresponding Server IP Address box, enter the last digit of the IP address of your local
computer that will provide this service.
4. Click Add. The service will appear in the list on the menu.
Adding a Custom Service
To define a service, game, or application that does not appear in the Service Name list, you must
first determine which port number or range of numbers is used by the application. This
information can usually be determined by contacting the publisher of the application or from user
groups or newsgroups. When you have the port number information, follow these steps:
1. From the main menu of the browser interface, under Advanced, click Port Forwarding /Port