NETGEAR RangeMax™ NEXT Wireless Router WNR834B User Manual
Fine-Tuning Your Network 5-19
v2.1, July 2007
QoS for a MAC Address
To create a QoS policy for traffic from a specific MAC address, follow these steps:
1. Open the QoS Setup menu, shown in Figure 5-6 on page 5-15.
2. Click Add Priority Rule.
3. From the Priority Category list, select MAC Address. The QoS Priority Rules menu changes:
4. If the device to be prioritized appears in the MAC Device List, select it. The information from
the MAC Device List will be used to populate the policy name, MAC Address, and Device
Name fields. If the device does not appear in the MAC Device List, click Refresh. If it still
does not appear, you must complete these fields manually.
5. From the Priority drop-down list, select the priority that this device’s traffic should receive
relative to other applications and traffic when accessing the Internet. The options are Low,
Normal, High, and Highest.
6. Click Apply to save this rule to the QoS Policy list and return to the QoS Setup menu.
7. In the QoS Setup menu, select the checkbox for Turn Internet Access QoS On.
8. Click Apply.
Editing or Deleting an Existing QoS Policy
To edit or delete an existing QoS policy, follow these steps: