A750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router JR6150
4. (Optional) Control the volume of Internet traffic.
You can use either the traffic volume control feature or the connection time control feature
to accomplish this goal:
•Select the Traffic volume control by radio button and then select one of the
- No Limit. No restriction is applied when the traffic limit is reached.
- Download only. The restriction is applied to incoming traffic only.
- Both Directions. The restriction is applied to both incoming and outgoing traffic.
•Select the Connection time control radio button and enter the allowed hours in the
Monthly limit field.
5. (Optional) If your ISP charges for extra data volume when you make a new connection,
enter the extra data volume in MB in the Round up data volume for each connection by
6. In the Traffic Counter section, set up the traffic counter to begin at a specific time and date of
If you want the traffic counter to start immediately, click the Restart Counter Now button.
7. In the Traffic Control section, specify whether a warning message is issued before the
monthly traffic limit of MB or hours is reached.
By default, the value is 0 and no warning message is issued. You can select one of the
following to occur when the traffic limit is reached:
•The Internet LED blinks green or amber.
•The Internet connection is disconnected and disabled.
8. Click the Apply button.
Your changes are saved.
To continue monitoring Internet traffic after the initial setup:
1. Log in to the router.
For more information, see Use NETGEAR genie after Installation on page 17.