genie BASIC Settings
A750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router JR6150
Adding a guest network allows visitors at your home to use the Internet without using your
wireless security key.
To set up a guest network:
1. Log in to the router.
For more information, see Use NETGEAR genie after Installation on page 17.
2. Select BASIC > Guest Network.
The 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi bands are configured separately.
3. To specify a guest network profile, in the Network Profiles section of the screen, select the
radio button that is next to the profile that you want to use.
4. Enter the SSID in the Name (SSID) field.
The SSID is also known as the wireless network name. The default SSID is randomly
generated. NETGEAR recommends that you do not change the default SSID. If you
do decide to change the name, enter a 32-character (maximum) name in this field. This
field is case-sensitive.
5. To enable the guest network, select the Enable Guest Network check box.
This feature allows guests to connect to your network using the SSID of this profile.
6. To enable SSID broadcast, select the Enable SSID Broadcast check box.
This feature allows the router to broadcast its SSID so that wireless stations can see this
wireless name (SSID) in their scanned network lists. This check box is selected by
default, but you can clear it to disable broadcast of the SSID.
7. To allow guests to access your local network, select the Allow guest to access My Local
Network check box.