A750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router JR6150
Position Your Router
The router lets you access your network from virtually anywhere within the operating range of
your wireless network. However, the operating distance or range of your wireless connection
can vary significantly depending on the physical placement of your router. For example, the
thickness and number of walls the wireless signal passes through can limit the range.
To position your router:
1. Place your router near the center of the area where your computers and other devices
operate, and within line of sight to your wireless devices.
2. Make sure that the router is within reach of an AC power outlet and near Ethernet cables for
3. Place the router in an elevated location, minimizing the number walls and ceilings between
the router and your other devices.
4. Place the router away from electrical devices such as these:
•Home security systems
•Base of a cordless phone
•2.4 GHz cordless phone
5. Place the router away from large metal surfaces, large glass surfaces, insulated walls, and
other surfaces such as these:
•Solid metal door