reface CS/DX/CP/YC Owner’s Manual
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
Please keep this manual in a safe and handy place for future reference.
• This AC adaptor is designed for use with only Yamaha electronic
instruments. Do not use for any other purpose.
• Indoor use only. Do not use in any wet environments.
• When setting up, make sure that the AC outlet is easily accessible. If
some trouble or malfunction occurs, immediately turn off the power
switch of the instrument and disconnect the AC adaptor from the
outlet. When the AC adaptor is connected to the AC outlet, keep in
mind that electricity is flowing at the minimum level, even if the
power switch is turned off. When you are not using the instrument
for a long time, make sure to unplug the power cord from the wall AC
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even death from
electrical shock, short-circuiting, damages, fire or other hazards. These precautions include, but are not
limited to, the following:
• Do not place the power cord near heat sources such as heaters or
radiators. Also, do not excessively bend or otherwise damage the
cord, or place heavy objects on it.
• Only use the voltage specified as correct for the instrument. The
required voltage is printed on the name plate of the instrument.
• Use the specified adaptor (page 48) only. Using the wrong adaptor
can result in damage to the instrument or overheating.
• Check the electric plug periodically and remove any dirt or dust
which may have accumulated on it.
• This instrument contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not open the
instrument or attempt to disassemble or modify the internal
components in any way. If it should appear to be malfunctioning,
discontinue use immediately and have it inspected by qualified
Yamaha service personnel.
• Do not expose the instrument to rain, use it near water or in damp or
wet conditions, or place on it any containers (such as vases, bottles
or glasses) containing liquids which might spill into any openings. If
any liquid such as water seeps into the instrument, turn off the power
immediately and unplug the power cord from the AC outlet. Then
have the instrument inspected by qualified Yamaha service
• Never insert or remove an electric plug with wet hands.
• Do not put burning items, such as candles, on the unit. A burning
item may fall over and cause a fire.
• Follow the precautions below. Failure to do so might result in
explosion, fire, overheating or battery fluid leakage.
- Do not tamper with or disassemble batteries.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire.
- Do not attempt to recharge batteries that are not designed to be
- Keep the batteries separate from metallic objects such as
necklaces, hairpins, coins, and keys.
- Use the specified battery type (page 48) only.
- Use new batteries, all of which are the same type, same model,
and made by the same manufacturer.
- Always make sure all batteries are inserted in conformity with the
+/- polarity markings.
- When the batteries run out, or if the instrument is not to be used
for a long time, remove the batteries from the instrument.
- When using Ni-MH batteries, follow the instructions that came
with the batteries. Use only the specified charger device when
For AC adaptor
For reface CS/DX/CP/YC
Power supply/AC adaptor
Do not open