reface CS/DX/CP/YC Owner’s Manual
To avoid the possibility of malfunction/ damage to
the product, damage to data, or damage to other
property, follow the notices below.
• Do not use the instrument in the vicinity of a TV,
radio, stereo equipment, mobile phone, or other
electric devices. Otherwise, the instrument, TV,
or radio may generate noise. When you use the
instrument along with an application on your
iPad or iPhone, we recommend that you set
“Airplane Mode” to “ON” on that device in order
to avoid noise caused by communication.
• Do not expose the instrument to excessive dust
or vibrations, or extreme cold or heat (such as in
direct sunlight, near a heater, or in a car during
the day) to prevent the possibility of panel disfig-
uration, damage to the internal components or
• Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on
the instrument, since this might discolor the
panel or keyboard.
• When cleaning the instrument, use a soft and
dry cloth. Do not use paint thinners, solvents,
alcohol, cleaning fluids, or chemical-impreg-
nated wiping cloths.
• Keyboard settings (page 41) are stored auto-
matically. It should be noted, however, that
stored data may be lost in the event of malfunc-
tion, incorrect operation, and the like.
• Loop phrases recorded on the reface CS and
reface DX cannot be stored.
• reface DX
- Voice settings:
If voice setting data is not stored, it will be lost
when the instrument is turned off, either man-
ually or by the Auto Power-Off function (page
- MIDI and system settings:
MIDI and system settings will be lost if the
instrument is turned off, either manually or by
the Auto Power-Off function, without first
changing the screen. It should also be noted
that stored data may be lost in the event of
malfunction, incorrect operation, and the like.
• Copying of the commercially available musical
data including but not limited to MIDI data and/
or audio data is strictly prohibited except for your
• This product incorporates and bundles contents
in which Yamaha owns copyrights or with
respect to which Yamaha has license to use oth-
ers’ copyrights. Due to copyright laws and other
relevant laws, you are NOT allowed to distribute
media in which these contents are saved or
recorded and remain virtually the same or very
similar to those in the product.
* The contents described above include a com-
puter program, Accompaniment Style data,
MIDI data, WAVE data, voice recording data,
a score, score data, etc.
* You are allowed to distribute medium in which
your performance or music production using
these contents is recorded, and the permis-
sion of Yamaha Corporation is not required in
About this manual
• The illustrations as shown in this manual are for
instructional purposes only, and may appear
somewhat different from those on your instru-
• Apple, iTunes, Mac, Macintosh, iPhone, and
iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in
the U.S. and other countries.
• The company names and product names in this
manual are the trademarks or registered trade-
marks of their respective companies.
• The names of buttons, terminals, and the like
from the instrument’s front and rear panels are
enclosed in [ ] (square brackets).
• Some sections of this manual refer to the reface
CS, reface DX, reface CP, and reface YC as
“CS,” “DX,” “CP,” and “YC,” respectively.
The model number, serial number, power
requirements, etc., may be found on or near the
name plate, which is at the bottom of the unit.
You should note this serial number in the space
provided below and retain this manual as a
permanent record of your purchase to aid
identification in the event of theft.