Questions and answers
No connection to the Internet.
•Display shows No LAN connection: Check cable connection between router and base.
•Display shows IP address not available: Check IP configuration.
The phone is preconfigured for dynamic assignment of the IP address. In order for your router to
"recognise" the phone, dynamic IP address assignment must also be activated on the router, i. e. the
router's DHCP server must be activated.
If the router's DHCP server cannot be/is not activated: Assign a fixed IP address to the phone.
• Display shows Check IP settings: The telephone is not connected to the Internet.
¤Check the cable connections between the base station and router and between the
router and the Internet.
¥Check the telephone's connection with the LAN, check whether the phone can be con-
tacted at its IP address. Check the IP address on the handset.
•Display shows Internet connection not available:
Connection to the Internet has been interrupted: Please try again later
Otherwise: Check the plug connection between the router and modem or DSL connection and the
Firmware update or VoIP profile download is not carried out.
• Display shows Currently not possible: The VoIP connections may be busy or a download/
update is already being carried out. Try again later.
• Display shows File unreadable : Firmware file may be invalid. Use only the firmware avail-
able on the preconfigured Gigaset configuration server.
• Display shows Server not accessible:
• The download server is not available. Try again later.
•The router is not available or has no connection to the Internet. Check the connection between the
phone and the router and restart the router if necessary.
• The pre-set server address has been changed. Change the address in the web
configurator or reset the base station.
• Display shows Transmissionerror XXX: An error occurred while transferring the file. An HTTP
error code is displayed in place of XXX. Repeat the process. If the error occurs again,
consult the service department.
You cannot establish a connection to the phone with your PC's web browser.
• IP address is incorrect: Request the handset's IP address Try to re-establish the
• Check connections between the PC and the base station. Open the command box on the
PC send a ping command to the base station (ping <base station's local IP address>).
• You have tried to reach the phone via a secure http (https://...). Retry with http://...