Manage and Monitor
CM400 High Speed Cable Modem
5. In the Starting Frequency field, type a number.
6. Click the Apply button.
Your change takes effect.
View Cable Modem Initialization
You can track the initialization procedure of the cable modem and get details about the
downstream and upstream cable channel. The time is displayed after the cable modem is
The cable modem automatically goes through the following steps in the provisioning process:
1. Scans and locks the downstream frequency and then ranges the upstream channels.
2. Obtains a WAN IP address for the cable modem.
3. Connects to the Internet.
To view the status of the cable modem initialization:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer that is attached over an Ethernet cable to the
cable modem or from a computer that is connected to a WiFi router that is attached over an
Ethernet cable to the cable modem.
2. Type http://192.168.100.1.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the cable modem user name and password.