Manage and Monitor
CM400 High Speed Cable Modem
3. Release the Reset button.
The configuration is reset to factory default settings. When the reset is complete, the
cable modem reboots. This process takes about one minute.
To avoid the risk of corrupting the firmware, do not interrupt the
reset. For example, if you are connected to the web management
interface, do not close the browser, click a link, or load a new page.
Do not turn off the cable modem.
Use the Factory Reset Software Button
This process erases all settings that you configured in the cable modem.
To erase the settings:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer that is attached over an Ethernet cable to the
cable modem or from a computer that is connected to a WiFi router that is attached over an
Ethernet cable to the cable modem.
2. Type http://192.168.100.1.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the cable modem user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
4. Select ADVANCED.
The Cable Information pane displays.
5. In the Cable Information pane, click the Factory Reset button.
A confirmation message displays.