For information about blocking specific keywords, URLs, or sites, see Use Keywords to Block Internet Sites on page
124. This type of blocking is another aspect of the outbound firewall. For information about inbound firewall rules,
see Manage Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on page 267.
Service blocking means the same thing as applying outbound firewall rules.Note
Add an Outbound Firewall Rule
You can add an outbound firewall rule to prevent access to a specific service or application on the Internet.
To add an outbound firewall rule:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Security > Block Services.
5. In the Services Blocking section, specify how the modem router applies outbound rules:
•Per Schedule. Use keyword blocking according to a schedule that you set.
For more information, see Set Up a Schedule for Keyword Blocking and Outbound Firewall Rules on page
•Always. Use keyword blocking continuously.
Control Access to the Internet
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800