To add an outbound firewall rule for a custom service or application:
1. Find out which protocol and port number or range of numbers the service or application uses.
You can usually find this information by contacting the publisher of the service or application or through online
user or news groups.
2. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
3. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
4. Enter modem router the user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Security > Block Services.
6. If this is the first time that you add an outbound firewall rule, in the Services Blocking section, specify how the
modem router applies outbound rules:
•Per Schedule. Use keyword blocking according to a schedule that you set.
For more information, see Set Up a Schedule for Keyword Blocking and Outbound Firewall Rules on page
•Always. Use keyword blocking continuously.
Control Access to the Internet
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800