Access the Storage Device From a Mac
To access the storage device from a Mac:
1. Connect a USB storage device to a USB port or an eSATA storage device to the eSATA port on the modem
2. If your USB device uses a power supply, connect it.
You must use the power supply when you connect the USB device to the modem router.
When you connect the storage device to the modem router’s port, it might take up to two minutes before the
storage device is ready for sharing. By default, the device is available to all computers on your local area network
3. On a Mac that is connected to the network, launch Finder and select Go > Connect to Server.
The Connect to Server window displays.
4. In the Server Address field, enter smb://readyshare.
5. Click the Connect button.
6. When prompted, select the Guest radio button.
7. If you set up access control on the router and you allowed your Mac to access the network, select the Registered
User radio button and enter admin for the name and password for the password.
For more information about access control, see Allow or Block Access to Your Network on page 119.
8. Click the Connect button.
A window displays the files and folders on the device.
Back Up Windows Computers With ReadySHARE Vault
Your modem router comes with free backup software for all the Windows computers in your home. Connect a USB
hard disk drive (HDD) or an eSATA storage device to the modem router for centralized, continuous, and automatic
The following operating systems support ReadySHARE Vault:
Share a Storage Device
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800