Safely Remove a USB Device
Before you physically disconnect a USB device from the USB port on the modem router, log in to the modem router,
and take the drive offline.
To remove a USB device safely:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > ReadySHARE > Advanced Settings.
The previous figure shows two USB devices attached to the modem router.
5. In the Available Network Folders table, select a device.
6. Click the Safely Remove USB Device button.
The device goes offline and a pop-up window opens.
Share a Storage Device
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800