A message displays the Dynamic DNS status.
Change the Dynamic DNS Settings
You can change the settings for your Dynamic DNS account.
To change your settings:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Dynamic DNS.
The Dynamic DNS page displays.
5. Change your DDNS account settings as necessary.
6. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Access Storage Devices Through the Internet
If you connect a USB storage device to the modem router, you can access the USB device through the Internet
when you are not home. After you gain access, you can use FTP to share files on the USB device.
Access Storage Devices From a Remote Computer
You can access storage devices that are attached to your modem router from a remote computer.
To access devices from a remote computer:
1. Launch a web browser on a computer that is not on your home network.
2. Connect to your modem router, on your home network:
•To connect with Dynamic DNS, type the DNS name.
To use a Dynamic DNS account, you must enter the account information on the Dynamic DNS page (see
Set Up and Manage Dynamic DNS on page 168).
•To connect without Dynamic DNS, type the modem router’s Internet port IP address.
You can view the modem router’s Internet IP address on the BASIC Home page.
Manage Dynamic DNS and Access Storage Devices Through the Internet
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800