Set Up FTP Access Through the Internet
If you attach a storage device to the modem router, you can access the storage device from your network (see
Enable FTP Access Within Your Network on page 157).You can also set up FTP access through the Internet so that
you can access the storage device from outside your local network, for example, when you are not at home.
To set up FTP access through the Internet:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
The login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > ReadySHARE > Advanced Settings.
The previous figure shows two USB devices attached to the modem router.
5. Select the FTP (via internet) check box.
6. Click the Apply button.
Manage Dynamic DNS and Access Storage Devices Through the Internet
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800