To rescan the media files for content:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password.The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > ReadySHARE > Media Server.
The Media Server (Settings) page displays.
5. Click the Rescan media files button.
The modem router rescans for content.
Play Music From a Storage Device With iTunes Server
iTunes Server lets you play music with your Windows or Mac iTunes app from a storage device that is connected
to the modem router. You can also use the Apple Remote app from an iPhone or iPad to play music on any AirPlay
devices, such as Apple TV or AirPlay-supported receivers.
Figure 13. Play music on a USB device with iTunes
Supported music file formats are MP3, AAC, and FLAC. The maximum number of music files supported is 10,000.
Use the Modem Router as a Media Server
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800