11. In the Traffic Control section, enter a value in minutes to specify when the modem router issues a warning
message before the monthly limit in hours is reached.
This setting is optional.The modem router issues a warning when the balance falls under the number of minutes
that you enter. By default, the value is 0 and no warning message is issued.
12. Select one or more of the following actions to occur when the limit is reached:
•Turn the Internet LED to flashing white/amber. This setting is optional. When the traffic limit is reached,
the Internet LED blinks alternating white and amber.
•Disconnect and disable the Internet connection. This setting is optional. When the traffic limit is reached,
the Internet connection is disconnected and disabled.
13. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved and the modem router restarts.
The Internet Traffic Statistics section helps you to monitor the data traffic. For more information, see View the
Internet Traffic Volume and Statistics on page 238.
Restrict Internet Traffic by Connection Time
You can record and restrict the traffic by connection time. This is useful when your ISP measures your connection
To record and restrict the Internet traffic by time:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
Manage the Modem Router and Monitor the Traffic
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800