type of remote access, that is, remote access using Dynamic DNS, see Access Storage Devices Through the Internet
on page 172.
Be sure to change the password for the user name admin to a secure password. The ideal
password contains no dictionary words from any language and contains uppercase and
lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. It can be up to 30 characters. See Change the
admin Password on page 40.
To set up remote management:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Remote Management.
5. Select the Turn Remote Management On check box.
6. In the Allow Remote Access By section, specify the external IP addresses to be allowed to access the modem
router’s remote management.
For enhanced security, restrict access to as few external IP addresses as practical.Note
Select one of the following radio buttons and configure the options accordingly:
•To allow access from a single IP address on the Internet, select the Only This Computer radio button. Enter
the IP address to be allowed access.
Manage the Modem Router and Monitor the Traffic
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800