Figure 7. Modem router cabling for DSL service
To connect your modem router to a DSL service:
1. Unplug your DSL modem’s power, leaving the DSL modem connected to the wall jack for your Internet service.
2. If your DSL modem includes a battery backup, remove the battery.
3. Install an ADSL or DSL microfilter between the phone line and the phone.
The product package contains either an ADSL or DSL microfilter.
4. Use a phone cable to connect the microfilter to the gray DSL port on the modem router.
The product package contains a phone cable.
5. If your DSL modem includes a battery backup, reinsert the battery.
6. Plug in your DSL modem's power and turn on your DSL modem.
7. Connect the power adapter to the modem router and plug it into an electrical outlet.
Wait for the Power LED to light solid white, which takes about two minutes.
Install and Access the Modem Router and Its Network
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800