Use the Internet Setup Wizard After Initial Setup
Whether you use DSL service or cable or fiber service, you can use the Setup Wizard to detect your Internet settings
and automatically set up your modem router.
The Setup Wizard is the same as NETGEAR genie, which launches the first time you connect
to your modem router.
To use the Setup Wizard:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Setup Wizard.
5. From the Country menu, select the country in which you use the modem router.
6. From the Internet Service Provider menu, select the Internet service provider (ISP) that you are using.
If your ISP is not in the menu, select Other.
7. Select the Yes radio button.
If you select the No radio button, you are taken to the Internet Setup page after you click the Next button. For
more information, see one of the following sections:
•Manually Set Up an ADSL Internet Connection on page 50
•Manually Set Up a VDSL Internet Connection on page 59
•Manually Set Up a Cable or Fiber Internet Connection on page 68
Manage the Internet Settings Manually
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800