7. To specify the interface ID for the IPv6 address of the modem router’s LAN interface, select the Use This
Interface ID check box, and enter the interface ID.
If you do not specify an ID here, the modem router generates one automatically from its MAC address.
8. Select the IPv6 filtering mode:
•Secured. In secured mode, which is the default mode, the modem router inspects both TCP and UDP packets.
•Open. In open mode, the modem router inspects UDP packets only.
9. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Set Up an IPv6 6to4 Tunnel Connection
With an IPv6 connection, your modem router creates a 6to4 tunnel to a remote relay router. Make sure that the IPv4
Internet connection is working before you apply the 6to4 tunnel settings for the IPv6 connection.
Follow the directions that your IPv6 ISP gave you.Note
To set up an IPv6 Internet connection by using a 6to4 tunnel:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > IPv6.
The IPv6 page displays.
Manage the Internet Settings Manually
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7800