Loading...
17
Appendix
Safety precautions
Before using your telephone equipment, basic
safety instructions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury
to persons.
1. Read and understand all instructions.
2. Follow all warnings and instructions marked
on the product.
3. Unplug this product from the wall telephone
jack and power outlet before cleaning. Do not
use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use
damp cloth for cleaning.
4. Do not use this product near water, for exam-
ple, near a bathtub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, or
laundry tub, in a wet basement or near a swim-
ming pool.
5. Place this product securely on a stable sur-
face. Serious damage and/or injury may result if
the unit falls.
6. Slots or openings in the cabinet and the back
and bottom are provided for ventilation, to pro-
tect it from overheating. These openings must
not be blocked or covered. This product should
never be placed near or over a radiator or heat
register, or in a place where proper ventilation
is not provided.
7. This product should be operated only from
the type of power source indicated on the
marking label. If you are not sure of the type of
power supply to your home, consult your dealer
or local power company.
8. Do not place objects on the power cord.
Install the unit where no one can step or trip on
the cord.
9. Do not overload wall outlets and extension
cords as this can result in the risk of fire or elec-
tric shock.
10. Never push objects of any kind into this
product through cabinet slots as they may
touch dangerous voltage points or short out
parts that could result in the risk of fire or elec-
tric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on this
product.
11. To reduce the risk of electric shock or burns,
do not disassemble this product. Take it to a
qualified service center when service is
required. Opening or removing covers may
expose you to dangerous voltages, dangerous
electrical current or other risks. Incorrect reas-
sembly can cause electric shock when the appli-
ance is subsequently used.
12. Unplug the product from the wall outlet and
refer servicing to qualified service personnel
under the following conditions:
a.) When the power cord is damaged or frayed.
b.) If liquid has been spilled into the product.
c.) If the product has been exposed to rain or
water.
d.) If the product does not operate normally by
follow
ing the operating instructions. Adjust only
those controls
that are covered by the operating
instructions because improper adjustment of
other controls may result in damage and may
require extensive work by a qualified technician
to restore the product to normal operation.
e.) If the product has been dropped or physi-
cally has been damaged.
f.) If the product exhibits a distinct change in
performance.
13. Avoid using a telephone (other than a cord-
less type) during a thunderstorm. There may be
a remote risk of electrical shock from lightning.
Therefore we suggest a surge arrestor.
14. Do not use the telephone to report a gas
leak in the vicinity of the leak.
15. Emergency/911 numbers may not be dialed
if the keypad is locked.
BATTERY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
To reduce the risk of fire, injury or electric
shock, and to properly dispose of batteries,
please read and understand the following
instructions.
CONTAINS ALKALINE NICKEL METAL HYDRIDE
BATTERY. BATTERY MUST BE RECYCLED OR DIS-
POSED OF PROPERLY. DO NOT DISPOSE OF IN
MUNICIPAL WASTE.
1. Only use the batteries specified for use with
this product.
2. DO NOT USE ALKALINE NICKEL CADMIUM OR
ALKALINE LITHIUM BATTERIES, or mix batteries
of different sizes or from different manufactur-
ers in this product. DO NOT USE NONRE-
CHARGEABLE BATTERIES.
3. Do not dispose of the batteries in a fire; the
cells may explode. Do not expose batteries to
water. Check with local codes for special dis-
posal instructions.
4. Do not open or mutilate the batteries.
Released electrolyte is corrosive and may cause
damage to the eyes or skin. The electrolyte may
be toxic if swallowed.
5. Exercise care in handling the batteries in
order not to short the batteries with conducting
materials such as rings, bracelets, and keys. The
batteries or conducting material may overheat
and cause burns or fire.
6. Charge the batteries provided with, or identi-
fied for use with, this product only in accord-
ance with the instructions and limitations spec-
ified in the user’s manual. Do not attempt to
charge the batteries with any means other than
that specified in the users manual.
7. Periodically clean the charge contacts on
both the charger and handset.
Loading...
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | DMCA Policy
2006-2020 Rsmanuals.com