N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400 Setup Manual
Installing Your Wireless Router Manually (Advanced and Linux Users) 14
of your computer. If you are unsure about this, refer to the documentation for your computer or see
the link to TCP/IP Addressing in “Related Documents” on page 43.
There are two steps to setting up your wireless router:
1. Connect the router to the ADSL or cable modem, and connect a computer to the router.
2. Configure the router to use your Internet service.
To connect your wireless router:
1. Connect the wireless router, the computer, and the modem.
a. Turn off your computer.
b. Turn off and unplug the cable or ADSL broadband modem.
c. Locate the Ethernet cable (1) that connects your computer to the modem.
2. Disconnect the cable at the modem (2). You will connect it to the router later.
3. Locate the Ethernet cable that came with the NETGEAR product. Securely insert that Ethernet
cable into your modem and into the Internet port of the wireless router (3).
If you are replacing an existing router, disconnect it completely from your network
and set it aside before starting to install your new router.