N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400 Setup Manual
Configuring Your Wireless Network 24
Setting Your SSID and Wireless Security
To specify the wireless settings, you must know the following:
• Name (2.4GHz b/g/n SSID). The default is NETGEAR.
• Name (5GHz a/n SSID). The default is NETGEAR-5G.
• The wireless mode (802.11n) that each wireless adapter supports. The default is Up to 300
Mbps at 5 GHz and 145 Mbps at 2.4 GHz.
• Wireless security option. NETGEAR strongly recommends that you use wireless security. To
successfully implement wireless security, check each wireless adapter to determine which
wireless security option it supports.
To set up basic wireless connectivity:
1. Log in to the Router by going to http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com
and entering the default user name admin and default password password, or using whatever
LAN address and password you have set up.
2. Select Wireless Settings under Setup in the main menu to display the Wireless Settings
3. Select the region in which the wireless interface will operate.
4. Set up the 2.4 GHz wireless network:
a. Enter the SSID name. The default is NETGEAR.
b. Select the operating channel for the wireless mode. The default is Auto. When Auto is
selected, the router finds the best operating channel available.
If you notice interference from nearby devices, you can select a different channel.
Channels 1, 6, and 11 will not interfere with each other.
c. Leave the wireless mode set to the default setting of Up to 145Mbps for 2.4GHz.
5. Select security options for the 2.4GHz wireless network.
The wireless Security Options are set to None by default. NETGEAR strongly recommends
that you use wireless security. You can select a different Security Option and a different
passphrase for each wireless network. For the highest performance of the 2.4GHz wireless
network and the most secure encryption, NETGEAR recommends that you use WPA2-PSK as
your security option.
6. Set up the 5GHz wireless network:
a. Enter the SSID name. The default is NETGEAR-5G.