N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400 Setup Manual
If the correct behavior does not occur, check for a remedy from the following table.
Table 2. Troubleshooting the router’s LED behavior
LED Behavior Recommended Action
Power light is off. See “Connecting Your Wireless Router” on page 13), check the following:
• Make sure that the power cord is properly connected to your router and that
the power adapter is properly connected to a functioning power outlet.
• Check that you are using the power adapter supplied by NETGEAR for this
If the error persists, you have a hardware problem and should contact technical
Power light stays amber. When the router is turned on, the Power light turns amber for about 20 seconds
and then turns green. If the light does not turn green, the router has a problem.
If the Power light is still amber 1 minute after turning on power to the router:
1. Turn the power off and back on to see if the router recovers.
2. Clear the router’s configuration to factory defaults. This will set the router’s
IP address to 192.168.1.1. This procedure is explained in “Restoring the
Default Password and Configuration Settings” on page 42.
If the error persists, you might have a hardware problem and should contact
Power light blinks green
slowly and continuously.
The router firmware is corrupted.
To restore your firmware:
1. Make sure that your PC is connected to your router and the router is
2. Insert the Resource CD that came with your router into your PC.
The CD automatically starts and detects the language you are using on your
PC. Select a different language option, if you prefer. If the CD does not
automatically start, browse the CD and double-click on .
3. Click Supporting Software, then Netgear Firmware Recovery Utility, and
follow the prompts for the recovery process.
4. After firmware recovery is complete, follow the prompts to restore your