Getting to Know Your Wireless Router 1
Getting to Know Your Wireless Router
Congratulations on your purchase of the NETGEAR® N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Before you begin installing your router, check the package contents (see “Unpacking Your New
Wireless Router” on page 1). Become familiar with the front and back panels of your router—
especially the LEDs—and the important information on the router label (see “Hardware Features”
on page 2). Then, read the section on “Positioning Your Wireless Router” on page 7 to ensure that
you have selected the best location to install your router.
Unpacking Your New Wireless Router
The product package should contain the following items:
• The wireless router
• A snap-on stand for your wireless router
• An AC power adapter (varies by region)
• A yellow Ethernet cable
• NETGEAR Installation Guide
• The Resource CD, which includes:
– The Smart Wizard™ Installation Assistant (Autorun.exe)
– A PDF version of this manual
– A link to the online Reference Manual
If any of the parts are incorrect, missing, or damaged, contact your NETGEAR dealer. Keep the
carton, including the original packing materials, in case you need to return the product for repair.
To prepare your router for installation:
1. Carefully peel off the protective film covering the sides of your router.