AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Use the Extender in Access Point Mode
You can use the extender as a WiFi access point, which creates a new WiFi hotspot by using
a wired Ethernet connection.
Figure 5. Extender as an access point
To install the extender as an access point:
1. Set the Access Point/Extender switch to the Access Point position.
2. Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the extender to an Ethernet LAN port
on a router or a remote Ethernet LAN jack with LAN access.
3. Plug the extender into an electrical outlet and wait for the Power LED to light green.
4. If the Power LED does not light, press the Power On/Off button.
5. Use a WiFi network manager on a computer or WiFi device to find and connect to the
EX6100_NETGEAR_2GEXT or the EX6100_NETGEAR_5GEXT WiFi network.