Control Access to the Internet
N600 and AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Routers
6. Select the Turn Email Notification On check box.
7. Enter the settings as described in the following table.
Send alerts and logs through e-mail
Send to This E-mail Address Enter the email address to which logs and alerts must be sent.
Your Outgoing Mail Server Enter the name of your ISP’s outgoing (SMTP) mail server (such as
You might be able to find this information in the configuration screen of your
email program. If you leave this field blank, log and alert messages are not
Secure connection (use SSL) Select this check box to send messages over a secure connection.
My mail server requires
If your outgoing email server requires authentication, select this check box
and specify the following settings:
• In the User Name field, enter the user name for the outgoing email
• In the Password field, enter the password for the outgoing email
Send logs according to this schedule
To send logs based on a schedule, select one of the following options from the menu:
• When log is full. This is the default selection.
• Hourly. Logs are sent every hour.
• Daily. Logs are sent every day. From the Time menu, specify the time of day, and select the am or pm
• Weekly. Logs are sent every week. From the Day menu, select the day. From the Time menu, specify
the time of day, and select the am or pm radio button.
If you do not want logs to be sent at all, select the None option from the menu.