Hardware Overview of the Modem Router
N600 and AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Routers
Back Panel with Ports, Buttons, DC Connector, and
DC power LAN ports
port 4 or
The following figure shows the ports, button, DC connector, and antennas on the back panel
of the modem router.
Figure 3. Modem router back panel
WPS • Solid green. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is ready for use. By default, the WPS LED
lights solid green when the power is on.
• Blinking green for two minutes. Someone pressed the WPS button on the modem
router to join the WiFi network. For more information, see Use WPS to Add a Device
to the WiFi Network on page 64.
USB • Solid green. A USB device is connected and is ready.
• Blinking green. A USB device is plugged in and is trying to connect.
• Off. No USB device is connected, or someone clicked the Safely Remove Hardware
button and it is now safe to remove the attached USB device.
Ethernet • Solid green. One or more Ethernet ports are connected to powered-on devices.
• Blinking green. One or more Ethernet ports are transmitting or receiving traffic.
• Off. None of the Ethernet ports are connected to a powered-on device.
Table 1. LED descriptions (continued)
LED Icon Description