Share a USB Printer
N600 and AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Routers
Install the Printer Driver and Cable the Printer
Some USB printer manufacturers (for example, HP and Lexmark) request that you do not
connect the USB cable until the installation software prompts you to do so.
To install the driver and cable the printer:
1. On each computer on your network that shares the USB printer, install the driver
software for the USB printer.
If the printer driver is not installed, contact the printer manufacturer.
2. Use a USB printer cable to connect the USB printer to a modem router USB port.
Download the ReadySHARE Printer Utility
The utility works on Windows computers, Mac computers, smart phones, and tablets.
To download the ReadySHARE Printer utility:
1. Visit www.netgear.com/readyshare.
2. Scroll down to the Print From the Comfort of Your Home Network section at the bottom of
3. Click one of the following links.
•Download PC installer and get started. This is the utility for Windows computers.
•Download Mac installer and get started. This is the utility for MAC computers.
•Download the genie App and get started. This is the utility for smart phones and
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to download the ReadySHARE Printer utility setup file.