Manage the Modem Router and Monitor the Traffic
N600 and AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Routers
6. Select the Turn Remote Management On check box.
7. In the Allow Remote Access By section, specify the external IP addresses to be allowed to
access the modem router’s remote management:
Note: For enhanced security, restrict access to as few external IP addresses
Select one of the following radio buttons and configure the options accordingly:
•To allow access from a single IP address on the Internet, select the Only This
Computer radio button. Enter the IP address to be allowed access.
•To allow access from a range of IP addresses on the Internet, select the IP Address
Range radio button. Enter a beginning and ending IP address to define the allowed
•To allow access from any IP address on the Internet, select the Everyone radio
button. This radio button is selected by default.
8. Specify the port number for accessing the web management interface.
The default is 8443, which is a common alternate for HTTPS. For greater security, enter a
custom port number for the remote web management interface. Choose a number from
1024 to 65535, but do not use the number of any common service port.
9. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
To use remote access:
1. Launch an Internet browser on a computer that is not on your home network.
2. Enter your modem router’s WAN IP address into your browser’s address or location field
followed by a colon (:) and the custom port number.
For example, if your external address is 220.127.116.11 and you use port number 8443,
enter https://18.104.22.168:8443 in your browser.