Install and Access the Modem Router and Its Network
N600 and AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Routers
Cable the Modem Router for DSL Service and Access the
The following figure shows the cabling of your modem router for DSL service.
Figure 7. Modem router cabling for DSL service
To connect your modem router to a DSL service:
1. Unplug your DSL modem’s power, leaving the DSL modem connected to the wall jack
for your Internet service.
2. If your DSL modem includes a battery backup, remove the battery.
3. Install an ADSL microfilter between the phone line and the phone.
The product package contains an ADSL microfilter.
4. Use a phone cable to connect the microfilter to the gray ADSL port on the modem router.
The product package contains a phone cable.
5. If your DSL modem includes a battery backup, reinsert the battery.
6. Plug in your DSL modem’s power and turn on your DSL modem.
7. Connect the power adapter to the modem router and plug it into an electrical outlet.
Wait for the Power LED to light solid green, which takes about 80 seconds. (The
Power LED lights solid green for about 20 seconds and then blinks for about one minute
before it lights solid green again.)