Install and Access the Modem Router and Its Network
N600 and AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Routers
Set Up Your Modem Router for Cable or Fiber Service
You can install your modem router for cable or fiber (Ethernet WAN) service or for DSL
service. If you use a cable or fiber modem, follow the procedure that is described in this
section. If you use a DSL modem, follow the procedure that is described in Cable the Modem
Router for DSL Service and Access the Modem Router on page 19.
The following figure shows the cabling of your modem router for cable or fiber service.
Figure 8. Modem router cabling for cable or fiber service
To connect your modem router to a cable or fiber service:
1. Unplug your cable or fiber modem’s power, leaving the modem connected to the wall
jack for your Internet service.
2. If your cable of fiber modem includes a battery backup, remove the battery.
3. Use an Ethernet cable to connect the cable or fiber modem to the yellow LAN4 WAN
Ethernet port on the modem router.
The product package contains a yellow Ethernet cable.
Do not use another yellow Ethernet port for the connection to the
cable or fiber modem. Use the LAN4 WAN port only.
4. If your DSL modem includes a battery backup, reinsert the battery.
5. Plug in your DSL modem’s power and turn on your DSL modem.