Manage the Internet Settings Manually
N600 and AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Routers
To change the MTU size:
1. Launch an Internet browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Setup > WAN Setup.
6. In the MTU Size field, enter a value from 616 to 1500.
The default MTU (maximum transmit unit) value is 1500. The normal MTU value for most
Ethernet networks is 1500 bytes, or 1492 bytes for PPPoE connections.
7. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.