Manage the WiFi Network Settings
N600 and AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Routers
Configure WEP Legacy WiFi Security
Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) security is a legacy authentication and data encryption
mode that is superseded by WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK. WEP limits the WiFi transmission
speed to 54 Mbps (the modem router is capable of speeds of up 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz
band). WEP is available only for the 2.4 GHz band.
Tip: If you want to change the WiFi settings of the modem router’s main
network, use a wired connection to avoid being disconnected when
the new WiFi settings take effect.
To configure WEP security:
1. Launch an Internet browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the user name and password for the modem router.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
5. Select Wireless.
The Wireless Settings screen displays.
6. From the Mode menu, select Up to 54 Mbps.
The screen adjusts to display the WEP radio button.
7. In the Security Options section, select the WEP radio button.