Control Access to the Internet
N600 and AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Routers
9. Specify which devices on your LAN (or LAN users) are affected by the rule, based on their
•Only This IP Address. Enter the required address in the Start field to apply the rule
to a single device on your LAN.
•IP Address Range. Enter the required addresses in the Start and End fields to apply
the rule to a range of devices.
•All IP Addresses. All computers and devices on your LAN are covered by this rule.
By default, the All IP Addresses radio button is selected.
10. Click the Add button.
The new rule is added to the Service Table on the Block Services screen.
Add an Outbound Firewall Rule for a Custom Service or
The modem router lists many default services and applications that you can use in outbound
rules. If the service or application is not predefined, you specify a custom service or
application in an outbound rule.
To add an outbound firewall custom for a custom service or application:
1. Find out which protocol and port number or range of numbers the service or application
You can usually find this information by contacting the publisher of the service or
application or through online user or news groups.
2. Launch an Internet browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the
3. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login screen displays.
4. Enter the user name and password for the modem router.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
5. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
6. Select ADVANCED > Security > Block Services.