Control Access to the Internet
N600 and AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Routers
10. Specify a new outbound rule as described in the following table.
Protocol Select the protocol (TCP or UDP) that is associated with the service or
application. If you are unsure, select TCP/UDP.
Starting Port Enter the start port for the service or application.
Ending Port If the service or application uses a range of ports, enter the end port for the
range. If the service or application uses a single port, repeat the port number
that you entered in the Starting Port field.
Service Type/User Defined Enter the name of the custom service or application.
11. Specify which devices on your LAN (or LAN users) are affected by the rule, based on their
•Only This IP Address. Enter the required address in the Start field to apply the rule
to a single device on your LAN.
•IP Address Range. Enter the required addresses in the Start and End fields to apply
the rule to a range of devices.
•All IP Addresses. All computers and devices on your LAN are covered by this rule.
By default, the All IP Addresses radio button is selected.
12. Click the Add button.
The new rule is added to the Service Table on the Block Services screen.
Change an Outbound Firewall Rule
You can change an existing outbound firewall rule.
To change an outbound firewall rule:
1. Launch an Internet browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login screen displays.
3. Enter the user name and password for the modem router.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Security > Block Services.
The following figure shows two rules in the Service Table.