Manage and Monitor
High Speed Cable Modem
View and Clear Event Logs
Event logs capture important cable modem events.
To view and clear the event logs:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer that is attached over an Ethernet cable to the
cable modem or from a computer that is connected to a WiFi router that is attached over an
Ethernet cable to the cable modem.
2. Type http://192.168.100.1.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the cable modem user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Administration > Event Log.
The Event Log page shows the following information:
•Time. The time the event log entry was recorded.
The correct time displays only after the cable modem successfully connects to the
cable Internet provider’s network.
•Priority. The severity of the event log entry.
•Description. A description of the event log entry.
5. To refresh the log page, click the Refresh button.
6. To clear the log entries, click the Clear Log button.