N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router DGN2200M Mobile Edition
The N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router DGN2200M Mobile Edition requires the
considerations described in the following sections for successful operation.
• Position Your Wireless Router
• Typical Systems on page 14
Position Your Wireless Router
The wireless modem router lets you access your network from virtually anywhere within the
operating range of your wireless network. However, the operating distance or range of your
wireless connection can vary significantly depending on the physical placement of your
router. For example, the thickness and number of walls the wireless signal needs to pass
through might limit the range. For best results, place your router:
• Near the center of the area where your computers and other devices will operate,
preferably within line of sight to your wireless devices.
• Accessible to an AC power outlet and near Ethernet cables for wired computers.
• In an elevated location such as a high shelf, keeping the number of walls and ceilings
between the wireless modem router and your other devices to a minimum.
• Away from electrical devices that are potential sources of interference, such as ceiling
fans, home security systems, microwaves, or the base for a cordless phone.
• Away from any large metal surfaces, such as a solid metal door or aluminum studs. Large
expanses of other materials such as glass, insulated walls, fish tanks, mirrors, brick, and
concrete can also affect your wireless signal.
Note: Failure to follow these guidelines can result in significant
performance degradation or an inability to wirelessly connect to the